How RCS Messaging Can Enhance Texting For Dealerships
Rich Communication Services (RCS) is a new messaging standard that aims to improve and enhance the traditional SMS (Short Message Service) text messaging experience. Some of the key ways that RCS could transform text messaging include:
- Improved media support: RCS supports the sending of high-resolution images and videos, as well as the ability to share files up to 100 MB in size. This can make it easier to share multimedia content with customers.
- Enhanced features: RCS includes features such as read receipts, typing indicators, and the ability to see when a message has been delivered. These features are similar to those found in messaging apps like WhatsApp and iMessage.
- Better group messaging: RCS includes the ability to create group chats with up to 100 participants, and to add new people to an existing group chat.
- Improved business messaging: RCS includes a range of features that are designed for enhanced business support. For example, automotive dealers can use RCS to send interactive pricing menus to customers.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.